Find out why the flag of the Russian Federation is a tricolor, and what the white, blue and red colors on it mean.
Traditionally, the state has symbols - a flag, coat of arms and anthem. These symbols are usually fixed by the constitution of the state and carry information about its history, traditions, political regime, state system, geographical location, etc. The flag of the Russian Federation has three colors. Unfortunately, not all citizens of Russia can name them and, moreover, tell them what they mean, what is the origin of the tricolor.
The origin of the Russian flag: description, photo
The Russian tricolor is a cloth with three stripes horizontally arranged equally in width - white, blue and red.
IMPORTANT: The tricolor has its own holiday - Day of the national flag of the Russian Federation, which is celebrated on August 22. It was on August 22, 1991, that the current national flag of Russia replaced the state flag of the USSR when it was hoisted above the White House in Moscow.
As you know, from ancient times, military units used different flags, banners, banners, banners, banners, which were treated with respect and care. To drop a banner, to give a banner or flag to an enemy was the same, or even more shame, than to lose a battle. Flags and banners were symbols, and images on them were also symbolic.
So, for example, in the history of Russia, the siege and assault of Kazan by the troops of Ivan the Terrible were a significant event. In chronicles, at the mention of this event, a banner with the image of the miraculous image of Christ is also mentioned. It was under this banner that a historic victory was won.
From the time of Ivan the Terrible, another banner was also used with Saint Michael depicted on it, riding a horse, and with the image of Christ on the other side of the trapezoidal panel.The great banner of Ivan the Terrible. 1560.
The emblem banner of the times of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich and Peter 1 is also known.Stamp banner 1696
IMPORTANT: Although these banners were used on behalf of the king, they were not yet national flags.
The beginning of the history of the white-blue-red flag dates back to the times of Alexei Mikhailovich and subsequently Peter 1.
- According to one version, it is believed that before Peter's trip to the Netherlands, one of his advisers told the tsar that the flag of the Netherlands is a tricolor, in which white, blue and red stripes are horizontally located. Then an order was given to buy matter of the corresponding colors and make it a cloth for the ship structure.
- According to another version, on the orders of Alexei Mikhailovich for the new ship, the Eagle was also ordered to release blue, white and red materials for hoisting the flag on it.
Peter I made a tricolor flag of the Russian Empire.
Unfortunately, it is difficult to verify the correctness of each version at the moment, since only fragmentary references to some flag documents have been preserved.
At the same time, there are documents (Decree of Peter 1 "On flags on merchant river vessels"), commanding the flag to be hoisted on river ships performing various trade operations. It is believed that such a flag was a blue-red-white tricolor, possibly with the image of a small St. Andrew’s cross in blue in the middle lane.
IMPORTANT: It is obvious that the modern Russian tricolor known to us was originally a trading flag, and it took years to become a national and state symbol.
What do the colors of the Russian flag and coat of arms mean: symbolism
Of course, it is interesting to know the symbolism of the colors of the flag, why exactly such colors are used for the state symbol, and why their sequence is precisely such.There are several interpretations, but there is no official explanation of the symbolism of the colors of the flag.
What does the red color on the flag of the Russian Federation mean?
Red color on the national flag of Russia may mean:
- historical region of Great Russia
- defenders of the fatherland shedding their blood for him
What does blue color mean on the flag of the Russian Federation?
Interpretations of blue symbols are:
- in heraldry: wisdom, strength, nobleness
- blue as the color of the Virgin
- historical region of Little Russia
What does white color mean on the flag of the Russian Federation?
White color may mean:
- historical White Russia
What do the three colors of the Russian flag mean for children?
Children can be offered an interpretation of the symbolism of the colors of the flag in this way:
- White in our country is the color of endless snows, white-birch birches, clouds in the sky, daisies in a meadow. White color can mean peace, conscience, purity.
- Blue is the color of the sky, water in rivers, lakes and seas. Blue color symbolizes truth, nobility and fidelity.
- Red is the color of the sun and fire. It symbolizes valor and courage.
Therefore, the colors of the national flag of Russia as a whole in their unity can mean the beauty of nature and the world around us and wonderful human qualities.The colors of the flag of the Russian Federation in riddles.
VIDEO: Flag of Russia. A story in pictures for children and adults. Banner. Banner. Flag
How old is the Russian tricolor?
In the recent history of Russia, the tricolor as a state flag has been operating since 1991.