An article on how to cook jam from pine cones, and how to use it.
We know that in coniferous forests, even healing air is saturated with volatile products that interfere with the development of harmful bacteria.
Of conifers, pine is most common. In pine, the following are medicinal: resin, needles, young branches and young cones. Do you know what delicious and healthy jam you can make from young cones?
Useful properties and contraindications of jam from pine conesTime for picking young pine cones May - June
Jam from pine cones is undoubtedly good for our body.
Here it is beneficial features:
- A lot of vitamin C.
- Even in candied form, cones contain volatile and essential oils that treat colds, flu, and dry coughs.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- It has a diaphoretic and diuretic effect.
- It is useful for the stomach with gastritis and ulcers, as it treats the diseased mucosa and eliminates bile congestion.
- Increases hemoglobin.
- Strengthens the heart and blood vessels.
- Antitumor effect.
Contraindications, or who needs to eat jam from pine cones with caution:
- Those who have kidney disease
- In acute hepatitis
- Pregnant women
- Nursing mothers
- Children aged 3-7
It is generally not recommended to eat jam from pine cones:
- People aged 60 and over
- Children under 3 years old
- People allergic to pine
Rememberthat if you eat jam more than 2 tbsp. spoons, some people may experience headaches and stomach pains.
If you eat pine cone jam for the first time, you need to eat half a teaspoon of jam, and if the allergy does not appear in a day, then it can be consumed, but not more than expected.
For children, the dose of jam from cones per day is up to 2 teaspoons, for adults - 2-3 tbsp. spoons.
Pine cones picking time for jamYoung green cones are suitable for jam, not more than 4 cm in length
Pine cones break from April to June, depending on which region you are in.
If the cones grew larger than the length required for the jam, then you missed the season for picking cones, as large and hard jam are not suitable.
Important. Cones should be no more than 4 cm in length, soft (easily cut with a knife), green, not damaged, without plaque.
How to cook jam from pine cones?Jam from pine cones is cooked differently: there are recipes when the cooking time is 2-4 hours, and there are also without heat treatment
In most recipes, pine cone jam needs to be boiled for a long time in one or more receptions.
Jam from pine cones that does not require cooking
- Pine cones (1 kg), young and still green, sorted, mine, cut into small pieces.
- Bumped cut cones in sugar (2 kg), and put it in a jar, pouring more sugar and in a jar.
- On top of the jar also pour a thick layer of sugar. The bank should have free space above.
- We cover the jar with a clean cloth, put it in a warm place so that the sun's rays fall, and shake the jar every day for better melting sugar.
- When all the sugar has melted (2-4 weeks), the jam is ready, put it in the refrigerator.
The recipe for jam from green pine conesJam from pine cones can be cooked in several ways
Pine cone jam
Recipe Method 1:
- 1 kg of young pine cones wash under running water, let it drain.
- We cut each bump into 4 parts and put it in an enameled basin or pan.
- Fill the cones with boiling syrup, and leave covered for 4 hours.
- After the set time, cones in the syrup are boiled, and immediately set aside, and left to insist for another 2 hours.
- After the second time of insisting, cook the future jam on low heat for about 1 hour.
- Jam is considered ready if the cones are soft, and the jam itself is the color of amber.
- Syrup cook from 2 glasses of pure water and 1.5 kg of sugar.
Recipe Method 2:
- Fill the washed cones with clean water so that the water level is 2 cm above the level of the cones.
- We put the dishes with cones on the stove and let it boil, and then pour sugar (1: 1), that is, on 1 liter of water 1 kg of sugar.
- Cook, maintaining low heat, about 2 hours, often stirring, and removing foam, in 1 dose.
Pine cone jam with honey, recipePine cone jam according to old recipe with honey
An old Siberian recipe for pine, spruce, and pine cones jam
- Green bumps rinse, put in an enameled vessel, pour warm boiled water to cover the cones.
- Boil the pot with cones, add honey to taste and set aside from the fire.
- Pour jam into jars, put on the windowsill, so that the sun falls on the jars, for 1 week, and then remove in a cold place.
- Such jam treats a sore throat well.
Pine cone jam with lemon, recipePine cone jam with lemon
If the jam from pine cones is very concentrated for you, then you can make it with lemon.
Pine cone jam with lemon
- 1 kg of coniferous cones sort, wash, fill 3 l of pure water, and cook for about 4 hours, removing the foam.
- Drain the broth, throw out the cones, pour in 1.5 kg of sugar, and cook until it begins to thicken.
- At the end we add juice from 1 large lemon, and cook for a few more minutes, pour hot into jars.
Pine cone jam in a slow cooker, recipePine cone jam cooked in a slow cooker
Pine cone jam can cook and in a slow cooker.
- Prepare 300 g pine cones: wash them, sort them out and put them in a slow cooker, fill them with cold water 2 cm above the level of cones (water will need 2l).
- We turn on the "Cooking" mode, and let it boil.
- We shift the cones with water into the pan, we insist for a day, covered with a lid.
- A resin appeared on the surface of the infusion, we filter the infusion through gauze in several layers to remove the resin and separate the cones from the infusion.
- Pour into the infusion 2 kg of sugar, pour into the slow cooker, and continue to cook the jam in the "Stew" mode, 4 hours.
Pine cone jam for childrenPine cone jam can be given to children after 3 years
Children under 3 years old are not recommended to give jam from pine cones, after 3 years you can, but first need to checkgiving a little try are there any allergies to pine. And if there is no allergy, you can increase the dose of jam, but not more than 2 teaspoons per day.
It is advisable for children to give cone jam cooked in this way when cones are thrown out of the infusion, and only the infusion itself remains, which is then boiled with sugar until thickened.
How to take pine cone jam for colds and coughs?Pine cone jam helps with colds and coughs
Pine cone jam contains volatile, which means that they kill even invisible harmful bacteria and fungi. A few tablespoons of jam a day will help handle in a short time with a cold and cough.
Also, pine cone jam has sweatshops.
A few teaspoons of pine cone jam per week helps even with tuberculosis.
Jam from pine cones treats various diseases, and especially colds, if you know how to take it.