Properly care for your lips is not difficult. You can read about how to do this in the article.
What factors affect the condition of the lips?
Proper care is the key to the beauty of the lips. Delicate, neat and slightly puffy lips always attract the eye. If your lips dry and bleed, then you are not caring for them properly.
The following factors affect the condition of the lips:
- Your diet
- Lip care
- Ambient temperature
- Other external factors (sea water, strong wind, excessive humidity)
- Bad habits
If it is impossible to affect the ambient temperature, then with the help of properly selected cosmetics and care products, you can improve the condition of the lips.
There are certain rules for winter and summer lip care. They will be discussed in the article.
Why lips crack and peel: reasons
Lips may crack for several reasons:
- Collagen deficiency
- Vitamin deficiency
- Unbalanced diet
- Bad habits like smoking and drinking
- Extremely cold or dry climate
- Lack of water in the diet
For more information on the causes and treatment of chapped lips, see the video.
How to care for lips in winter: the specifics of winter lip care
- Winter lip care is significantly different from summer. In winter, due to the cold, the skin of the lips crackes, peels, begins to bleed and dries out. Especially if you have a habit of licking them. Lips in the cold season especially need nutrition and hydration
- If possible, it is necessary to observe the temperature regime to protect the lips from the cold, at least with a scarf
- Winter lip care includes all the same procedures as summer. These are: masks, scrubs, peels. The only difference is in the ingredients.
- In winter, it is very important to protect your lips from the cold. The most ordinary hygienic lipstick does it perfectly. In addition, she still perfectly nourishes the skin.
- It is not recommended to get involved in lip gloss in winter. It has a lot of wax and moisture, so in the cold it hardens and lips dry
- Instead of hygienic or regular lipstick, use special lip balms. They cope well with moisturizing the skin, protecting it from the cold and overdrying as well as hygienic lipsticks. But unlike hygienic lipstick, lip balms come in different colors and shades
- Give up persistent lipsticks. In winter, they can greatly harm your lips. If there was a need to use such lipstick, then before applying it, smear your lips with a colorless balm. He will soften his lips
- Regularly massage your lips. Honey is perfect for this. So your lips will receive more blood, and they will look much better and fresher
Moisturizing lip masks with cocoa: how to do?
Cocoa contains a lot of vitamins and antioxidants, and sour cream contains healthy fats. Cinnamon oil enhances blood circulation. All together - a nourishing lip mask with cocoa, sour cream and cinnamon oil.
What is required:
- 1 tbsp sugar free cocoa powder
- 0.5 tbsp sour cream
- 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil
Mix all the ingredients and apply on the lips for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Effect: lips become softer, saturated color. Peeling disappears.
In addition to cinnamon oil, you can add any citrus oil to this mask.
Nourishing lip mask with honey: 3 best recipes
It is possible to describe the benefits of honey for beauty for a very, very long time. One thing is clear - its benefits are invaluable. So why not use honey as a lip mask?
The easiest honey lip mask:
- Apply honey on the lips with a layer of more harmful thickness
- Hold the mask for 15 minutes. If honey starts to drain, wipe it with a napkin
- Rinse with warm water
Effect: even such a simple mask can nourish your skin and make it more beautiful and fresher
Curd-honey mask for very weathered lips:
What is required:
- Fat homemade cottage cheese, but you can also shop
Cottage cheese honey is mixed in a ratio of 1: 1, applied to the lips and washed off after 15 minutes.
Effect: such super strong nutrition will return a luxurious look to even very weathered lips.
Mask of honey and carrot juice
What is required:
- 2 tsp honey
- 0.5 tsp carrot juice
The ingredients are mixed and applied to the lips. You can hold such a mask for a long time. Carrot juice is absorbed into the lips, only slightly sugared honey remains, which can be used as a scrub.
Effect: lips acquire a pleasant bright shade (depending on the original color), become very soft. Lip contour is clearly visible, there is no need for eyeliner
Summer lip care: how to care?
In summer, lips are exposed to high temperatures, which, as in the case of low ones, leads to drying out.
- During the summer period, it is especially important to monitor the water balance in the body. Due to the heat, moisture evaporates faster than we would like
- If your lips dry, pay attention to nutrition. Add more fresh vegetables, fruits, greens to your diet
- It is recommended to use hygienic lipstick in case your lips are still chapped. In extreme heat, do not wet your lips. You will aggravate the appearance of cracks on them.
Lip scrubs: benefits and harms
- Lip scrub - a necessary thing at any time of the year. He perfectly exfoliates dead skin cells of the skin of the lips, so that the lips themselves acquire a smooth surface without cracks. Also, scrubs perfectly nourish the lips, making them juicy and beautiful.
- Only very rough scrubs can do harm. For example, with coarse sea salt. It is not recommended to make scrubs if there are cracks on your lips. In this case, the wound cracks will only become larger
- In general, lip scrubs are very useful at any age. In youth - to maintain the beauty of the lips, in adulthood and old age - to rejuvenate the lips, because scrubs significantly improve blood circulation
Sugar lip scrub: how to do?
Sugar lip scrub can be made either from one sugar, or mixed with honey or cream or various juices.
- A drop of water is added to sugar, mixed
- With massaging movements, the mixture is applied to the lips. Massage lasts 5 min.
- The mixture is washed off with warm water.
Effect: Dead skin particles are removed, lips become smooth.
Exactly the same effect honey sugar scrub:
What do you need:
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 pinches of sugar
The ingredients are mixed and quickly applied to the lips with massaging movements for 5-7 minutes. The scrub should remain on the lips for another 10 minutes. During this time, the sugar will completely melt.
Honey lip scrub: delicious and healthy!
Honey lip scrub has many different options. The most basic is a scrub of pure honey. You can add cream, essential oils, sugar, juices, vitamins to it. Apply a thin layer of honey on the lips and gently massage them for 10 minutes.
Effect: such a scrub is very useful. There are a lot of vitamins and minerals in honey, so a honey lip scrub not only nourishes and moisturizes lips, but also makes them more elastic and smooth. After such a scrub, the lips will remain healthy for a long time.
What oils to use for lip care at any time of the year?
You can nourish and moisturize your lips not only with masks, but also with the help of oils. The most useful lip oils:
- sea buckthorn
- wheat germ oil
- cacao butter
- Shea Butter
- avocado oil
If shea butter, coconut, cocoa and avocado oil is usually difficult to find, then olive oil or sea buckthorn oil can now be bought almost everywhere. They are very useful not only for the lips, but also for the body, hair, and facial skin. These are universal oils. they can be used both in mixtures with each other, and each separately.
The effect is not long in coming. To achieve an optimal result, it is recommended to include the use of lip oils on an ongoing basis in your cosmetic procedures.
Home Lip Care: Tips and Reviews
So, the main tips:
- use lipstick at any time of the year
- in the cold, give up shine and lipstick
- use scrubs, but only on lips without damage and cracks
- ideal for year-round use - oil
- honey is your best friend in lip care
Inna, 31 years old, Perm
Hello, my name is Inna. All my life I have suffered from the problem of dry lips. What I just didn’t do: I bought balms, I drank vitamins, and did masks. And all to no avail. His lips peeled and began to crack. Then I decided to start using coconut oil regularly. A lot of good has been written about him on the Internet. After the first application, my lips stopped drying at all, even the wounds healed in the morning. Now I always use this oil. It saves in the cold, and in the heat. I recommend to everyone!
Karina, 20 years old, Norilsk
I love to use various scrubs for lips. After numerous tests, honey-sugar became my favorite. Very simple and budget. And most importantly - effective. I haven’t found anything better as a scrub. I also like oils. The best, as for me, is olive. By the way, sometimes I also add it to the scrub. There are no problems with lips now. I am very pleased.