If a constant feeling of drowsiness, fatigue, weakness does not fully enjoy life. You should deal with the causes and find a way to deal with this condition.
The modern pace of life completely immerses a person in a whirlwind of deeds and obligations. And here there is no strength not only to work, but even to bring your head from the pillow. Everything becomes indifferent, in my head there is only one thought, about sleep and rest. Although the day has just begun.
Fatigue, apathy, drowsiness: causes
If this condition is often knocked out of the usual way of life, you need to seriously think about it and find the cause of fatigue, apathy, drowsiness.
Possible reasons include:
- Lack of oxygen, with prolonged exposure to a person in a suffocating and not ventilated room, affects the functioning of the brain. This adversely affects well-being, causes headache, fatigue and drowsiness. A sure sign, in such a situation, is yawning. So the body signals a lack of clean air
- Magnetic storms and weather can affect overall health. This is especially true for patients with the cardiovascular and nervous systems. A healthy person may experience a loss of strength, drowsiness, irritability, headache. If such symptoms occur similarly to changing weather or magnetic storms, you should review your diet and regimen.
- Lack of sufficient vitamins in the human body, especially during the cold periods of the year
- Improper and unbalanced nutrition
- A small amount of fluid drunk per day
- Bad habits
- Disorders in the hormonal system
- Vegetative dystonia
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Wrong daily routine
- Latent or chronic diseases
- Excessive exercise
- Persistent or systematic lack of sleep
- Drinking disorders and dehydration
- Head injury
- Frequent stress, stress
- Excessive coffee
Causes of increased drowsiness in men. How to fight?
Women, according to statistics, more often than men suffer from increased drowsiness. But, if the husband hardly gets out of bed in the morning, looking for a convenient time to take a nap, he does not pay attention to his wife, not to mention the housework. Maybe you shouldn't scold him right away, but find the reason for this condition.
- One of the first reasons is bad habits. Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen in the blood, and this causes drowsiness and fatigue. Drinking alcohol removes water and the necessary micro and macro elements from the body, disrupts the liver, which also does not contribute to healthy health
- Prostatitis, an inflammation of the prostate gland, can cause a feeling of drowsiness and weakness. The body is struggling with a disease that can go away almost asymptomatically. If you do not pay attention to this for a long time and do not engage in treatment, hormonal system malfunctions are possible
- Excessive exercise can cause constant fatigue and drowsiness.
- Shift work when the body cannot adjust to the work schedule
- And all other causes of drowsiness
In order for the fight against constant drowsiness to be successful, it is necessary:
- Exclude exacerbation of chronic diseases
- It is advisable to overcome your bad habits or, as an extreme option, reduce the number of cigarettes smoked throughout the day, eliminate the use of alcohol
- Observe food intake, do not overeat before bedtime, eat right
- Sleep at least seven hours a day
- Try to reduce physical activity. If the work is sedentary and inactive, you should go in for sports: walk, exercise, jog
IMPORTANT: If drowsiness does not go away for a long time, even if you follow all the rules of a healthy lifestyle, you should seek the help of medical professionals to exclude serious diseases.
Causes of increased drowsiness in women. Video
On the shoulders of the weaker sex there are too many obligations, problems and worries. Constant excessive stress, physiological and psychological stress. Defective dream. All this greatly affects the well-being, causes a feeling of fatigue and drowsiness.
But there is another important reason for this condition, heavy menstruation. Large blood loss during critical days provokes anemia. This provokes dizziness, fainting states, loss of strength.
IMPORTANT: Heavy menstruation is not the norm. Be sure to contact a specialist to find out and eliminate the causes, the correct treatment tactics.
The most pleasant cause of increased drowsiness is the body's signal of pregnancy. Increased drowsiness accompanies the expectant mother during the first trimester. The reason for this is hormonal changes and the body's adaptation to a new state.
Video: Drowsiness, apathy. The reasons
Drowsiness in a child, causes
Drowsiness in a child requires careful consideration of the causes of this condition. This is especially true for babies. If the baby is heavily born, possible states of uninterrupted sleep. A possible reason may be that the baby is not properly applied to the breast during feeding.
But, if the baby, in addition to increased drowsiness, has symptoms such as:
- Temperature rise
- Very weak, almost inaudible, crying
- Dry mucous membranes of the mouth and eyes
- Sunken fontanel
- Kid desk urinate very little
- Lethargy of the skin
IMPORTANT: All these reasons require immediate help.
The causes of drowsiness in children under the age of twelve are the formation of the nervous system. But if such symptoms are observed quite often, it is necessary:
- Review the child’s wakefulness and sleep patterns. The baby’s night sleep should be at least ten hours. If you do not comply with this rule, the child will be tired and broken all day, will not be able to concentrate on classes or games
- Wrong and unbalanced diet. The child prefers sweets or fast food to healthy food.
- Sedentary lifestyle. A child, walks in the yard or park, prefers playing on a computer or watching TV
- Excessive exercise
The causes of increased drowsiness may be health problems:
- Onset or transmission of infectious diseases
- Lower hemoglobin
- Thyroid problems
- Heart and kidney disease
- Low blood pressure
- Taking medications that cause increased drowsiness
In adolescents, in addition to all of the above reasons, drowsiness can be caused by:
- The disappointments.
IMPORTANT: If a child, whether he is a baby or a teenager, has increased drowsiness and fatigue, you should pay special attention to this. Seek help from doctors to rule out health problems.
If everything is good in this regard, you must:
- Be sure to review the regimen of the day and nutrition, make the necessary adjustments.
- Spend more time outdoors
- Talk with the child, unobtrusively interested in his problems, which worries him greatly
- To help find the right solution in this situation.
What diseases can frequent drowsiness talk about?
Frequent drowsiness may indicate an exacerbation of chronic diseases, latent infections, or the onset of a new disease:
- Cancerous growths
- Respiratory arrest during snoring
- Periodic hibernation syndrome is when a person constantly wants to sleep, even after a full night's sleep
- Lowering hemoglobin in the blood
- Thyroid disease
- Genitourinary infections
- Lowering blood pressure
- Heart problems
Diabetes mellitus and drowsiness, treatment
Symptoms may indicate diabetes mellitus:
- Constant thirst
- Frequent urination
- Itching and dry skin
- Drowsiness and constant feeling of tiredness
- Exhaled breath smells like acetone
- Increased appetite
- Unreasonable weight loss.
IMPORTANT: The cause of drowsiness in diabetes mellitus is both a lack of insulin in the body and its excess.
When observing such symptoms, tests should be taken to determine the level of glucose.
A condition where sugar levels are constantly above normal is called prediabetes. This is not diabetes yet, but you should completely reconsider your lifestyle. To normalize sugar levels:
- Do sport
- Throw off extra pounds
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
For the treatment of diabetes should:
- Stick to a special diet
- Take medication
- Take a blood sugar test regularly
- Doing physical exercise.
If you follow all the recommendations of specialists, you can get rid of constant drowsiness.
Hypotension and drowsiness, treatment
Hypotension is a decrease in blood pressure below normal. As a result of this, the brain receives less oxygen.
Symptoms, under reduced pressure, are:
- Increased drowsiness
- Chronic fatigue
- Feeling of pain in the heart
- Addiction to depression
- Motion sickness
- Inability to perform physical activity
- Memory impairment.
Hypotonic patients need more time to sleep than a healthy person. They get up heavy in the morning from the bed, feel broken and not rested. Almost until the evening, people suffering from low blood pressure, feel tired and drowsy. Relief occurs only after the end of the working day. During weather changes, when atmospheric pressure drops, hypotonics can sleep all day and all night.
To treat hypotension, you need to seek help from a cardiologist. Possible consultation with a neurologist. There are no universal drugs for the treatment of the disease. To increase blood pressure, caffeine-containing drugs are prescribed.
IMPORTANT: To improve your condition, you can drink a cup of strong tea or coffee, most importantly, do not overdo it.
To fight the disease you need:
- Observe sleep and wakefulness
- Moderate exercise
- Eat right
- Do not overwork.
Drowsiness with iron deficiency anemia. What to do?
The following symptoms indicate a lack of iron in the body:
- state of fatigue
- hair loss
IMPORTANT: If the symptoms coincide, a blood test should be done to determine the level of hemoglobin.
For treatment, special preparations should be taken that increase the level of iron.
Is drowsiness a sign of depression?
Depression is a psychological disorder. Most often, it is women who suffer from this disease. Symptoms of depression are:
- Negative thinking
- Loss of value of life
- Unwillingness to do anything
- Apathy to the environment
- Constant drowsiness
- Severe headaches
IMPORTANT: This condition can last from three weeks to several years. It is very important not to start the disease. And in time to take measures so that the form of mild depression does not develop into a more serious one, requiring inpatient treatment.
Drowsiness and fever. What to do?
The reason for drowsiness, at elevated temperatures, is that the body is struggling with the disease with all its strength. The main thing is to know the reason for the increase in body temperature. If these are colds, you should not worry, you just need to help the body:
- stick to bed
- drink plenty of fluids for speedy recovery
IMPORTANT: If the cause of the temperature rise is unclear. And drowsiness, directly knocks down, up to a half-fainting state, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Drowsiness and lack of appetite. What is the reason for losing your appetite?
Loss of appetite and drowsiness are interrelated. Without food, nutrients needed for life do not enter the body.
IMPORTANT: If the cause of loss of appetite is a viral disease, do not worry. Just the body should have a good rest.
Other causes of loss of appetite:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Thyroid problems
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases
- Impaired metabolism
All these reasons, one way or another, affect the overall well-being of a person. A loss of appetite, even more affects the increase in drowsiness and fatigue.
To eliminate these symptoms, you should visit a specialist, undergo a comprehensive examination and a course of treatment.
How are drowsiness and overeating related?
Drowsiness and overeating are interrelated. During excessive consumption of food, the processes in the body slow down, and all the forces rush to digest food. There is a feeling of heaviness, lethargy, a desire to take a nap for at least a minute.
IMPORTANT: Overeating may be associated with depression. A constant feeling of hunger can signal an increase in blood glucose.
But basically, the reason for overeating is the desire to enjoy the food, although unhealthy, but tasty.
Overeating at night, before bedtime, affects the quality of rest, causes drowsiness throughout the day.
IMPORTANT: In order to avoid overeating, you need to eat right, eat often, but for a bit, be physically active, give up alcohol.
Can stress cause drowsiness?
Normal body reaction to stress: increased excitability, insomnia. But, if stress has become the norm, the body begins to respond with constant drowsiness.
To eliminate the cause, you must:
- try to think more positively
- revise your life principles
- if possible, change your social circle causing stress
- find a hobby that brings joy and pleasure
Improper daily routine as a cause of drowsiness
- For a good rest, a person needs an eight-hour dream. If you do not follow this rule, daytime sleepiness is provided. The body will try to make up for the loss.
- For a full sleep, it is important not only to go to bed on time. It should be remembered that games on the phone, tablet or laptop, lying in bed, do not contribute to fast falling asleep and rest. It is necessary to postpone all gadgets at least an hour before bedtime
IMPORTANT: Watching TV does not support sleep and wakefulness. Before going to bed, the bedroom should be quiet and calm.
- The shift operating mode knocks the body out of the usual rut. Constant drowsiness accompanies until fully adapted to this pace of life
For a good rest, after a night shift, it is necessary to create all the necessary conditions for this:
- shutter windows
- the room should be quiet and calm
Can vitamin deficiency cause drowsiness?
Lack of vitamins, especially in the cold season, affects overall well-being. It causes a feeling of fatigue, drowsiness, irritability.
IMPORTANT: Vitamin deficiency, in full, can cause increased drowsiness.
What vitamins to drink with drowsiness?
Considering which vitamins are lacking with increased drowsiness, we can say with confidence that this:
- AT 5
- AT 6
The lack of these vitamins can only be compensated by taking vitamin complexes.
For prevention, you should try to eat more fruits, fish, eggs, nuts, seafood.Do not forget about vegetables, butter and vegetable oils.
Does charging get rid of drowsiness?
Morning exercises will add strength and relieve the feeling of drowsiness. The thing is that, during physical exertion, more oxygen enters the brain. For the same reason, it stops pulling a nap.
IMPORTANT: If drowsiness occurs at a crucial moment, you must go behind the wheel, you can do a little run. This will help to concentrate and cheer up.
How to overcome drowsiness at work
Drowsiness in the workplace is not particularly appropriate. Almost all office workers suffer from this. To combat drowsiness, you should:
- Lie down and wake up at the same time, even on a day off
- Set an alarm at least an hour before leaving the house, during this hour you should do morning exercises and have breakfast
- To dress according to the weather, going from home to the street, and at work, make sure that it is not too hot or cold
- Going up the stairs, physical activity will help to cope with drowsiness. If this is not possible, you can make a contrast shower for hands in the washbasin
- Eat one piece of dark chocolate, but not a whole bar, overeating will cause a feeling of drowsiness
- In order to invigorate, you can drink a cup of strong coffee, but only natural, not instant
IMPORTANT: And, probably, the easiest and most effective way to feel good at the workplace, a good mood.
How to get rid of drowsiness with the help of folk remedies?
In order to get rid of drowsiness, you can turn to traditional medicine for help. You can try to take tinctures:
- golden root
Traditional medicine advises to wash only with clean water, without soap. Soap contains a large percentage of alkali, which, in turn, promotes penetration into the body through the skin, and causes a feeling of drowsiness.
You can try to take an infusion of dope. To do this, pour a glass of boiling water twenty grams of the leaves of the plant. Insist for half an hour. To relieve drowsiness, you should take one third of a glass a day.
IMPORTANT: It is necessary to be treated with folk remedies carefully, they do not eliminate the cause of drowsiness, but only for a while remove the symptoms.
Taking tinctures, you can simply exceed the allowable dose of medication, and only worsen your condition.
One of the safest folk remedies, there is a decoction of rose hips. It can be drunk instead of tea or coffee. Vitamin C contained in this drink has a beneficial effect on the whole body, increases its performance, resistance to viruses and stress.
How to quickly get rid of drowsiness: tips and reviews
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that if a constant feeling of drowsiness is reinforced by other symptoms indicating an exacerbation or onset of the disease, you should seek help from specialists.
The main tips, with constant drowsiness, are:
- Healthy sleep
- Proper and complete nutrition
- Drink enough water throughout the day
- The intake of vitamins in the cold season
- Compliance with sleep, go to bed and wake up at the same time
- Do morning exercises regularly every morning
- If possible, do an easy run
- Do not abuse coffee and strong black tea, make a choice in favor of green or vitamin-containing drinks
- Take a contrast shower in the morning
- Walks in the open air.
And surely, all this should be accompanied by a good mood and positive thinking.