Kurban Bayram is an important holiday for Muslims. Read the article if you want to know the history, meaning, recipes of dishes that are prepared at a feast.
Kurban Bayram is the main Muslim holiday. A lot of traditions are connected with it and this day is important for every Muslim. The holiday takes its beginnings many centuries ago.
- Kurban Bayram is celebrated some time after Uraza Bayram.
- This day a Muslim cannot work. In many countries with Muslim communities, it is celebrated for 3 days.
- It is hard to say what date Kurban-Bayram will celebrate in a particular year. The date changes according to the lunar calendar, which is called among the Muslims - hijra.
- But in 2019, it will be celebrated on August 11th.
- Kurban Bayram is the result of the Hajj, which is also very important for every Muslim believer. What is the story of this holiday? How is the name translated? To these and many other questions, you will receive the answers from this article.
Kurban Bayram in Arabic: translationKurban Bayram in Arabic: translation
The name of the holiday originates from the Turks. Translation of Kurban Bayram in Arabic: Eid al-Adha - "festival of sacrifice." Another translation from ancient Arabic means Kurban - approximation, bayram - holiday. But the holiday itself is associated with the sacrifice of a ram, and the main meaning lies in approaching Allah.
What kind of Muslim holiday is Kurban Bayram: history, meaningWhat kind of Muslim holiday is Kurban Bayram: history, meaning
The story of Kurban Bayram is very interesting and is connected with the prophet Ibrahim. Moreover, his prophetic affairs are known not only among Muslims, but also among Christians. Ibrahim was tested by Allah and was always distinguished by exorbitant obedience. So, what is this Muslim holiday - Kurban Bayram - the story:
- In a dream, Ibrahim saw an angel who ordered the slaughter of his eldest son Ismail. He had this dream many times.
- The Prophet decided to follow the will of Allah.
- He took his son to the place where the sacrifice should take place.
- On the way, they met Shaitan three times, who discouraged him from doing the slaughter.
- But Ibrahim obeyed only Allah, and he and his son continued to walk, and they stoned the enemy.
- When the father brought a knife to his son's throat, he stopped cutting. Ibrahim heard a voice that said that all the conditions were fulfilled and Allah saw that his faith was strong.
- Suddenly a ram appeared out of nowhere, whom the prophet sacrificed.
Since that time, the act of the prophet is considered a symbol of sincere love for Allah. As a sign of righteous faith, all Muslims sacrifice a ram or other animal. Therefore, the meaning of this holiday is known as "sacrifice", although the translation of the name speaks of the holiday.
How many days after Uraza Kurban Bayram?How many days after Uraza Kurban Bayram?
Uraza is a Muslim post that is observed on any day, but not on a holiday, and also for 30 days in the 9th month of the Islamic calendar. How many days after Uraza Kurban Bayram? After 70 days, this holiday falls, always at different times.
How many times a year is the holiday of Islam Kurban Bayram, how many days does it last?How many times a year is the holiday of Islam Kurban Bayram, how many days does it last?
Kurban Bayram is celebrated on the 10th day of the twelfth month of the lunar Muslim calendar. As mentioned above, it passes after the Uraza, which takes place once every 9 months. It turns out that Kurban Bayram - the main holiday of Islam, happens only once a year, but it is constantly moving.
This holiday lasts 3-4 days. Such a long celebration is connected with the fact that a Muslim must visit all relatives, and in one day it is impossible to do. In addition, believers should read prayers and sermons. In the days of celebration, it is customary to treat all people and give alms to the poor.
Fasting before the holiday of Eid al-Adha: what is allowed and what is forbidden to eat?Fasting before the holiday of Eid al-Adha: what is allowed and what is forbidden to eat?
Before the holiday of Eid al-Adha, Muslims have a fast. From dawn to the end of the morning prayer prayer prayer, you can’t eat anything. After prayer, sweets are allowed to eat.
After the mosque, believers go to the cemetery to pray for the dead. Then the Muslims go home and begin the feast of sacrifice. Treats and celebrations begin at the richly laid table.
How Muslims Celebrate Kurban Bayram: ScenarioHow Muslims Celebrate Kurban Bayram: Scenario
Millions of Muslims are preparing to celebrate one of the most important holidays of their faith. Therefore, everything should go perfectly and correctly. How do Muslims celebrate Kurban Bayram? Scenario:
- Believers must wake up at dawn, complete ablutions and put on clean, beautiful clothes.
- Then, without having breakfast or taking any food, Muslims go to the mosque. On the way, they pray, saying the words: "Allahu akbar!"
- A festive prayer is being read in the mosque. Then the hutba is read - a sermon. All the time, Allah, the Prophet Muhammad, is glorified.
- Imam explains to the Muslims who came, where does the Hajj come from and what does the ritual of sacrifice mean.
- After the sermon, a ritual with sacrifice is performed.. The lamb must be healthy, six months old, without any flaws. The phrase: “Bismillah, Allah Akbar!” Is pronounced over the victim, which translates as “In the name of Allah! Allah is great!”. Before you cut off the head of a ram, it is knocked to the ground. Part of the meat goes to the table, another part - to relatives and neighbors, and the rest is distributed to the poor.
- Then the believers go to the cemetery and read a prayer there for the departed.
- Returning home, Muslims loudly glorify Allah. At home, all speeches are aimed at praising Allah.
- After returning home, the feast of sacrifice begins in a wide circle of relatives and friends at a beautifully decorated table.
- On the table should be different meat delicacies and gourmet sweets.. It is customary for Muslims to share a different faith with people. To sting meat is a grave sin.
All 3 days of celebration, believers go to visit, give gifts, celebrate and praise Allah. Also visit the graves of the deceased and give alms.
What is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: recipes
Sacrificial meat should not be stored, it must be eaten during the holiday, and the bones should be put to the ground. Therefore, on the Muslim table these days there are a lot of meat dishes. What is cooked on Kurban Bayram? On the first day, they make dishes from offal - heart and liver. On the second day, they put on the table soup from the head of a lamb and shanks. You can also cook stews, rice, vegetables and beans. On the last day of the holiday, soups made from ram bones, pilaf, kebab, beshbarmak, chuchvara, lagman and others will stand on the table.
Recipes of traditional dishes:
Jizz byzWhat is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: recipes
You will need such products:
- liver of a ram - 1 offal of each offal;
- turnip onion - 4 pieces;
- sunflower oil - 3 tablespoons;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- red sweet pepper - 2 pieces;
- tomatoes - 3 pieces;
- coriander, ground pepper and salt to taste.
Stages of preparation:
- Peel the onion, wash, chop and put aside.
- Sweet pepper and tomatoes, wash, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Wash the liver and cut each offal coarsely, removing the film and blood clots.
- Pour oil into a cauldron and fry the garlic until brown. Remove it, and boil the oil one by one, lay and fry the liver. Stir all together at the end and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add onions, chopped tomatoes, coriander and pepper. Stew the dish, stirring for another 5 minutes.
- At the end, salt and remove the cauldron from the fire.
- Lay on plates and sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro.
Shulum soupWhat is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes
You will need these ingredients:
- lamb meat (shank) - 2 kg;
- turnip onion - 2 pieces;
- sweet pepper - 2 kg;
- potatoes - 6 pieces;
- tomatoes - 8 pieces;
- parsley, cilantro, basil, dill - 1 bunch;
- salt, chili pepper, black pepper and freshly ground peas - to taste.
Stages of preparation:
- Cut the meat into pieces of 100 grams.
- Peel the onion.
- Pour water into a large pot, put meat and whole onions. When the water begins to boil, remove the film and cook for 1 hour.
- Peel the potatoes and chop coarsely. Add to broth.
- Peel and slice bell peppers.
- Peel the tomatoes. To do this, pour boiling water over and remove the skin with a knife. Slice into slices.
- Put pepper and tomatoes in a pan.
- Finely chop the greens and after 1.5 hours of cooking the soup, add it to the pan.
- Salt in the end and remove from heat.
- Before serving, pour the soup into plates and garnish with parsley leaves.
Shah-pilafWhat is cooked on Kurban Bayram?
A complex dish that is interesting and exciting to cook. The name of the dish comes from its appearance - it looks like the crown of the eastern shahs. A distinctive feature of this dish is gazmach - a crust of pita bread, in which the dish itself is located. Gazmakh is fried and protects rice from combustion.
Ingredients for each element of the dish:What is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: recipe for pilaf
Stages of preparation:What is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: recipe for pilaf What is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: continuation of the recipe for pilaf
Also on the festive table should be sweets. Muslim women on Kurban Bayram bake cookies.
Cookies "Shaker Puri"What is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: cookie recipes
What products will be needed:What is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: ingredients
Stages of preparation:What is cooked on Kurban Bayram - traditional dishes: cooking
Enjoy your meal!
Kurban Bayram salads: recipesKurban Bayram salads: recipes
Kurban Bayram salads are also made with meat or liver. All products are chopped into strips. You can make several different salads with the same vegetables, but with different meat ingredients: meat, heart, liver and so on.
You must have these ingredients:Kurban Bayram salads: recipe, ingredients
Stages of preparation:Salads on Kurban Bayram: recipe, cooking
What gifts give on Kurban Bayram?What gifts give on Kurban Bayram?
Gifts should be presented when everyone has gathered at a large table. You cannot come to visit this holiday empty-handed. Present souvenirs, depending on their financial capabilities. What gifts give on Kurban Bayram? Here are a few options:
- carved box;
- a photo album with an already collected archive of the family;
- unique items for the interior (vases, carpet on the floor, do-it-yourself lace napkins, rug with text from the Koran);
- charms - a mirror, prayers on a piece of matter and more.
- money can only be given to men.
In general, you can present whatever your heart desires. Older women will love a Muslim-style headscarf, brooch or antique beads, while men will love hiking accessories, barbecue sets and more. Children can donate their own hand-made sweets and packed in their original packaging.
Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha in poems and prose
Sincere congratulations on the holiday should sound with all my heart. Therefore, read poetry with intonation, and say prose in such a way that it is not clear that you have memorized the lines, let people think that the words "pour" from your soul.
Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha in verses and prose:Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha in poems and prose Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha in verse Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha in prose Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha - prose Congratulations and wishes for the holiday of Eid al-Adha - beautiful words
On Kurban Bayram, give the best gifts, say the best wishes, because this holiday is very important for every Muslim. Let it pass in joy, fun and good mood!