What should I do if water does not flow into the washing machine?
A washing machine is a necessary household appliance with which we put our things in order, removing pollution. What to do if the washing machine does not pick up water? In this article, we will consider the reasons why there is no set of water in the machine, we will help to eliminate them.
The washing machine does not pick up water: causes not related to breakdowns
To begin with, it is necessary to exclude non-specific causes that are in no way associated with malfunctions of household appliances.
- Lack of water in the water supply. Perhaps the utilities decided to carry out urgent or scheduled repair work, so they blocked the water supply in the whole house or area. Accordingly, water is not supplied to the washing machine.
- maybe blocked, water hose transferred into the washing machine. This is the tube itself, with which water is supplied to the household appliance. They can step on it, pass it, pinch it with a heavy object or bend it. In this case, the liquid also will not enter the apparatus.
- Water tap closed. Most often, this valve is located directly on the pipe, which supplies water. Perhaps the crane accidentally hit children or pets. Try to unscrew the valve, check the water supply. If these manipulations do not produce the desired results and the water still does not enter the machine, most likely there will be some kind of breakdown.
Why water does not accumulate in the washing machine: machine breakdown
Overview of failures in which water does not enter the apparatus:
- Filter clogged. When supplying water, it is necessary to unscrew this tube, get the net, which is available directly from the side on which the tube is attached to the washing machine. You need to remove this mesh and rinse with a toothbrush. There are also new filters that can be purchased at the plumbing store. In extreme cases, you will have to replace the tube itself, which supplies water to the machine. The manipulation is quite simple, you can perform it yourself or entrust to a specialist.
- Defective water valve. The machine works in such a way that the control module sends a signal to the valve, which opens, and under the natural pressure of the water supply, water enters the household appliance. But is there a wedge valve, is there a mechanical breakdown, it will not open, so water will not enter the device. In this case, valve replacement is necessary. Only a specialist can cope with this task, because it is necessary to remove the back cover of the machine.
- Control Module Failure. In this case, the valve works, but the module does not give a signal to open it. Accordingly, water will not flow either. In this case, a flashing or repair of the module is necessary. Such a breakdown will be expensive, because all electronics are expensive, require professionalism, as well as experience from the master. The parts themselves are of high cost.
- The hatch lock is broken. This occurs most often due to mechanical damage to the lock. Perhaps the spring itself wedges or the hook that closes the machine closes it. Accordingly, if the lock does not close, the machine does not receive a signal that it is ready to work, water will not enter the device. At the same time, the door will be closed and indicate that the machine is working. But most often with such a breakdown, it is displayed that the lock is faulty or it says "Close the door of the car."
- Water sensor breakdown. In each household appliance, in the drum itself there is a sensor that detects the amount of water needed. After all, a specific amount of fluid is consumed for a certain cycle. If this sensor is broken, the machine cannot determine how much liquid is in the appliance. Accordingly, water does not accumulate and the machine does not work, a sensor replacement is necessary.
What if the washing machine is not picking up water and is buzzing?
In this case, you need to perform a few simple manipulations:
Instructions for eliminating the cause:
- Unplug the appliance, unplug the appliance if it closes the water supply hose
- Unscrew the hose itself and view it on both sides at the points of attachment to the water supply system and the appliance itself
- You need to find the net and look at its condition. If there is any lime or debris on it, it is necessary to connect to the water supply, turn on hot water
- If water does not drain from the back, it is necessary to completely remove the upper part, pull out this filter, throw it in boiling water
- There are also special aggressive agents that can also be used for cleaning
- Means with alkalis and acids in which you need to soak this filter will help you.
- Never spray plastic or rubber pipe with these materials. It may cause destruction.
- You need to see if the tap is closed, not transferred to the hose itself
- Try opening and closing the washing machine hatch several times.
- If it opens and closes without obstacles, most likely there are no mechanical problems in the castle. It works properly, closes and opens the car
- Try to turn on the machine several times and see how it behaves at the very beginning
- If there is a strong buzz during the process of turning on and collecting water, the buzz, most likely, the water simply does not enter the device
- In this case, the cause may be either unrelated to breakdowns or provoked by malfunctions in the operation of the control module or the water supply sensor
- You need to look at the monitor. If you have an electronic device, there is a board or screen, evaluate the number of blinks
- All models indicate breakdowns by a certain number of blinks on the washing machine
If nothing happens and the “No water supply” button just lights up, we recommend that you contact a specialist. Most likely, the breakdown is due to a malfunction in the operation of the household appliance itself, and this is in no way connected with a change in the water supply in the water supply or a malfunction in the hose.